Urban Farmer: Lead MerchandiserEdmonton | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Edmonton Lead Merchandiser
The Lead Merchandiser works on the front of our daily operations supporting our Merchandisers and acting as backup to our Field Operations Manager. The Supervisor is a training champion for the team and dialed in on ensuring company policies and procedures are met. The Lead Merchandiser will be very focused on ensuring point-of-sale care, vehicle maintenance and inventory needs are successfully monitored. The Lead Merchandiser will be cross-trained as a Field Grower to help support the Lead Field Grower. The ability to interact with the team and colleagues, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, is essential.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Support the team as a training champion for merchandisers to ensure new team members are properly trained and that recurring training is scheduled and regularly executed
- Act as the partner and back-up to our Field Operations Manager
- Be a team leader and role model in ensuring company policies and procedures are met
- Responsible to audit and sign-off on team members following policies and procedures
- Protect the health of the plants by applying basic plant protection measures and keeping the point-of-sale shelves/boxes clean, in accordance with the highest quality standards
- Ensure merchandising at stores meet internal guidelines and customer expectations
- Track overall vehicle maintenance and ensure related health and safety guidelines are met
- Work with the warehouse team to ensure inventory is met at each store
- Interact with Infarm clients and store customers providing top notch customer service
- Ensure that safety protocols are followed including company policies and all health and
- safety legislation and guidelines
- Drive to stores to deliver goods and travel between locations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university preferred or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years related experience working in a retail or customer service leadership environment
- Proven time management, organizational skills and professionalism
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Flexibility with work hours and to adapt to the needs of the business including the willingness to work on weekends
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism with a passion for plant growth, sustainability and nutrition
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Responsibilities include shift leading, interviewing, and training employees;
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
Who We Are
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.