Software Engineering ManagerBerlin / Remote | Software
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Software Engineering Manager
At Infarm, we have some highly talented engineers working in fully cross functional squads to help monitor, automate and control our vertical farm to produce the best quality crops with software, data and IoT technology.
We work hard to continuously improve the quality of our farms. We want them to become more clever and data-driven, so that they can provide the best possible growing environment for our crops and nurture them to perfection. Our team also aims to shorten the path from customer request to delivery as much as possible to provide the best customer experience.
- Lead a team of IoT & software engineers contributing to the development of our products. (React or Python).
- Coach and develop leadership skills of direct reports.
- Collaborate with product and engineering management across multiple teams, along with various other stakeholders, to deliver our product solutions.
- Develop and implement staffing and hiring plans.
- Foster a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust while ensuring your team members’ growth and satisfaction.
- Experience managing IoT & software developers with a key focus on modern web & mobile applications and cloud services
- Strong knowledge of Scrum agile framework
- Great and effective communication skills across engineering, product and business teams. Fluent in English
- Management of either Python Or React / React Native Engineers
It would also be great if you have experience with
- Confluence and Jira
- Systems engineering skills for IoT software development
What we offer
- The opportunity to join a growing company focused on sustainability, people, innovation, and fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances.
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business.
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of respectful, helpful colleagues.
- A remote-first mindset that allows you to contribute from wherever you feel the most comfortable.
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Yearly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week in the Berlin HQ
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks when in the Berlin HQ!
Who we are:
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.