Maintenance TechnicianCalgary | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Maintenance Technician, Calgary
As the Maintenance Specialist, you will be responsible for the maintenance and care of our hydroponic farms both at our plant hub and our customer locations across Vancouver. You’ll follow clearly defined processes and quality standards to ensure both the physical farm itself and the software are both working correctly.
Practical maintenance experience is required as you’ll be solving a variety of technical problems related to pipes, pumps, valves, radiators, irrigation systems, LED lamp units and fans. You’ll also need to combine this, with great communication skills and the basic skills to maintain the smooth running of our software, ‘the brains’ of our urban farms. Previous software/coding skills are not required as training will be provided.
- Solve any technical problems that may arise related to pipes, pumps, valves, LED lamps and fans
- Help identify, report on and solve basic software issues (training will be provided and more complex software support will be given)
- Service the farms at our customer locations and in our plant hub on bi-weekly basis
- Work with chemicals to mix fertilizer and pH regulating solutions as needed
- You will work closely with our production team and our customers to support the health of our farms
- Follow a defined workflow and schedule
- Use our online reporting system to log your work and any issues with the farms to our head office
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
- Perform planned preventive maintenance, on all production operations systems and subsystems including cleaning of all equipment on a regular basis
- Perform corrective maintenance, guaranteeing technical functionality and solve any technical problems that may arise from different machinery and hub systems associated with mechanical & electrical equipment
- Perform upgrades/retrofits on all production operations systems and subsystems
- Monitor the dashboards and alerting system of the indoor farms and help identify, report on and solve basic software issues
- Strong practical maintenance skills including with both electrical and plumbing components
- Read and understand mechanical/electrical blueprints, schematic drawings and service manuals
- Able to identify and troubleshoot technical issues in a clear and concise manner
- Valid driver’s license as you’ll be driving to visit our local farms in a company vehicle
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to report issues and record your work
- Strong attention to detail along with a good eye caring for cleanliness around our farms
- Both confident and comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.