FP&A Manager – TorontoToronto, Canada | Finance
Scroll to view the full job specification below
FP&A Manager, Toronto
We are in the process of building out the FP&A function within Infarm, providing transparency across the financial development and outlook to our management team. The successful candidate in this Finance Manager role will be an integral part of this FP&A team build-out with a view to lead the team in the future.
Reporting to our Director of Finance, as a Finance Manager, you are hands on and eager to create new processes, and tools to support global financial budgeting and reporting. In this position you will have the opportunity to create new and work with complex tools that will help to support various areas of the company, using your data analytics expertise.
- Prepare business plans, evaluate new investment opportunities and determine profitability / ROI
- Handle global reporting of capital expenditures.
- Create processes and tracking tools, collect data from accounting and project teams, consolidate information and provide actual / budget reporting and analysis for monthly review meetings
- Prepare monthly P&L statements for operations and central departments: Liaise with Accounting to ensure proper cost center and G/L accounting for internal reporting purposes, create reports for monthly distribution and provide variance analysis and recommendations to management
- Maintain and track financial unit economics pertaining to the North American business
- Coordinate with stakeholders to prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Prepare quarterly cash flow report for funding purposes
- Handle insurance matters for North America organizations and facilities
- Develop initiatives, processes and policies that may improve financial growth and increase efficiencies
- 4+ years experience in Corporate Finance, FP&A
- Background in FP&A, but strong affinity for accounting to ensure accurate reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant fields
- Very strong Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets skills and familiarity with Google Suite and MS Office at an expert level
- Ability to multitask – while focus time is important, must be able to turn attention to several topics each day
- Ability to work autonomously and provide “finished products” by thinking several steps ahead and work with stakeholders from other departments
- Attention to detail – this is the “lifeblood” for FP&A
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great communication skills, comfortable and confident to present to senior management
Who You Are:
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home when onsite
How to apply:
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.