Field Grower/Merchandiser (Part-Time)Edmonton | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Field Grower & Merchandiser, Edmonton
As a Field Grower, you are responsible for plants during planting and harvesting stages at our retail and culinary locations. You will be cross trained both as a Field Grower and a Merchandiser. You will represent Infarm and our mission to store employees and customers. You are the first point of contact for infarm customers and delight in informing and inspiring them about our products. Moreover, having a high attention to detail and being well organized to complete tasks at the highest degree are among your strongest skills. If you are looking to get your foot in the door to understand Agri-Tech and be a part of a sustainably driven company. this role is for you.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Harvest, plant and package plants while ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to the Infarm’s clients with minimal food waste
- Drive to stores and customer locations in your own personal vehicle
- Interact with clients and store personnel providing top-notch customer service
- Protect the health of the plants by applying basic plant protection measures and keeping the instore farms clean, in accordance with the highest quality standards
- Report on harvest records and plant issues using the company's internal applications
- Report on customer feedback and compensation needs according to the company's guidelines
- Ensure daily invoicing of the company's customers
- Ensure harvested plants are merchandised according to brand guidelines and fully stocked
- Maintain current marketing materials on farms in customer locations
- Perform basic maintenance of farms when directed
- Follow workflow and schedule as directed
- Ensure that safety protocols are followed including company policies and all health and safety legislation and guidelines
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company utilizing own vehicle
- One to two years in a retail or customer service environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High attention to detail, precision and caring for cleanliness
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven time management, organizational skills and professionalism
- Flexibility with work hours and to adapt to the needs of the business including the willingness to work on weekends
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.