Urban Farmer: MerchandiserEdmonton | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
As an Infarm Merchandiser you understand the importance of timely delivery of goods and presentation of our in-store merchandise to ensure a fantastic customer experience. You will be cross trained both as a Field Grower and a Merchandiser. Represent Infarm and our mission to store employees and customers. Being task oriented and well organized to complete tasks at the highest degree are among your strongest skills.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Follow the daily delivery schedule and report feedback about health of farms, supplies, and presentation
- Drive a company vehicle and/or your personal vehicle depending on the shift between our Infarm warehouse location and Infarm client locations to deliver supplies and end products
- Maintain the presentation of our products at our point of sale display ensuring that shelves are clean and fully stocked with the freshest merchandise available
- Regularly clean Infarm point-of-sale boxes at in-store locations
- Apply sanitation treatments to the farms in the stores on a regular basis
- Pick up inventory between warehouse and in-store locations, which includes loading and unloading infarm vehicle
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation guidelines
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- 1-2 years in a retail or customer service environment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent attention to detail, precision and caring for cleanliness
- Proven time management, organizational skills and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for plant growth, sustainability and nutrition
- Flexibility with work hours and to adapt to the needs of the business including the willingness to work on weekends
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company using a company car and/or your personal vehicle when scheduled
- Proof of insurance on your own vehicle
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the Canada
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to Apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
Who We Are
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.