Urban Farmer: Lead Field GrowerCalgary | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Urban Farmer: Lead Field Grower
The Lead Field Grower works on the front of our daily operations supporting our Field Growers and acting as backup to our Field Operations Manager. The Lead Field Grower is a training champion for the team and ensures company policies and procedures are met. The Lead Field Grower will be very focused on city cluster harvest performance and farm sanitization are successfully monitored. The Lead Field Grower will be cross-trained as a Merchandiser to help support the Lead Merchandiser. You have the ability to interact with the team and colleagues, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Support the team on training, ensuring new team members are properly trained and that recurring training is scheduled and executed
- Act as the partner and back-up to our Field Operations Manager
- Be a team leader and role model in ensuring company policies and procedures are met
- Responsible to audit and sign-off on team members following policies and procedures
- Regularly communicate with the Maintenance team to ensure sanitization, farm treatments, and scheduled maintenance are on track
- Regularly work with the Plant Expert to report on store harvest performance, with attention to detail and being action-oriented
- Protect the health of the plants by applying basic plant protection measures and to keep the farms clean, in accordance with the highest quality standards
- Harvest, plant, package and invoice plants
- Ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to infarm's clients with minimal food waste
- Report on harvest records, plant issues and compensation needs using infarm's internal applications
- Interact with infarm clients and store customers providing top notch customer service
- Ensure that safety protocols are followed including Company policies and all health and safety legislation and guidelines
- Drive between store locations and to warehouse as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B.S.) from four-year college or university preferred or equivalent experience;
- 1-2 years related experience working in a retail or customer service leadership environment (Farming/Growing experience a bonus)
- Proven time management, organizational skills and professionalism
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Flexibility with work hours and to adapt to the needs of the business including the willingness to work on weekends
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism with a passion for plant growth, sustainability and nutrition
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.