Tokyo City Operations ManagerTokyo | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
As Operations Manager you directly contribute to the success of infarm's Farming-as-a-Service business model. You will lead the infarm team involved in day-to-day operations in our Tokyo Plant Hub, taking on key projects to improve harvest performance and productivity. You enjoy being involved in the day-to-day operations, have a natural leadership ability, and are ready for the next step in your career.
Who You Are:
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Lead the infarm Plant Hub team in Tokyo, consisting of Operations, Plant Production and Warehouse employees
- Oversee plant production and nursery operations planning, employee scheduling, and stock management, providing your team with the tools and support they need to succeed
- Work closely with the infarm Recruitment team to hire a highly efficient team
- Ensure the success of your team through employee performance reviews and coaching
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment and top-quality products by performing regular health, safety, quality and food safety audits
- Lead metrics meetings for operational KPI’s and create monthly improvement plans
- Manage projects to improve operational and cost efficiencies
*Please note that the role and responsibilities outlined above may not fully capture all aspects of the job and you may be responsible for other tasks pertaining to your job that are not listed here.
- Experience in Operations, preferably in a leadership role
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Fluent in English, written and spoken and native level Japanese
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be part of a well funded, fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems to feed the cities of the future
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.