Senior Director, Site Development & DesignToronto | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Senior Director, Site Development & Design
This exciting role is an opportunity for a Senior Development leader to oversee the construction of all of Infarm's future facilities globally. This position will play a key role in Infarm’s global expansion strategy and goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a Global Development & Design team responsible for a portfolio of projects ranging from due diligence phase, all the way to close-out.
As a Senior Director, Site Development and Design based in Toronto Canada, your role is focused on strategy and execution and would be best suited for someone that brings extensive construction project management experience combined with a proven track record of leading global teams, ideally across North America and EMEA.
- Oversee construction projects from due diligence, permit submissions, tendering process, cost control all the way through to delivery and close out
- Think strategically about optimizing the entire project execution process, as well as dive directly into tasks when needed
- Be adaptable and able to hire, manage and coach a team of exceptional project managers in the pursuit of delivering the best infarm facilities possible
- Establish successful relationships with other functions in the company and in the wider team; this includes sourcing & real estate, sales, activation & installation, operations
- Ultimately accountable for handing over functional facilities to the Activation & Operations team, according to the yearly plan
- Focus on Delivery: oversee all aspects of the lifecycle of a portfolio of projects, from due diligence to close-out
- Budget: own and report on a Delivery Capex budget tied to expansion objectives
- Resource management: manage resources to ensure the team is properly staffed to deliver on the objectives. Analyze pipeline requirements and assess potential resourcing needs.
- Leadership: be responsible for the continuous improvement of team members and delivery team processes
- Communication: champion excellent team communication, liaise with cross-functional leadership as needed.
- Engineering degree, Project Management Professional, or equivalent education
- 10+ years of experience in construction and expansion leadership delivering multi-million dollar projects
- Experience with basis of design (BOD), MEP, tender management and GC selection
- Experience working for a fast-paced construction management firm or directly responsible for construction deliverables at an expanding company
- Strong experience in estimating and preparing capex budgets
- Experience managing all aspects of real estate development process from due diligence, financial modeling, permitting, site feasibility, contracting, design development, construction means and methods, operational handover
- Experienced with integration of new business acquisitions into existing facilities and remodeling existing facilities to suit evolving needs
- Experience working with industrial real estate, ideally with complex HVAC systems and/or extensive MEP requirements
- Ability to influence horizontally and vertically across the organization to keep project goals on track
- Experience leading, mentoring and guiding large teams
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanor
- Must be able to travel globally as needed and up to 50% of the time depending on site development activity
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
How to Apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
Who We Are
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes