Production SupervisorCalgary | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
As our Production Supervisor, you are a key leader in one of our Infarm Growing Centres, where we produce plants at scale using our vertical farming techniques. You have experience in managing a small team within an industrial manufacturing or food production environment. You are well organized and reliable, able to understand and follow clear processes and instructions, and like being hands-on with your day-to-day work.
- Plan and supervise the activities of our growing team, managing seeding, transplanting, harvesting, and packaging processes
- Deputize for Hub Manager in the event of holidays and sickness
- Follow defined workflows and production schedules to ensure daily volume requirements are met to our high standards of quality
- Gather data around harvest performance, wastage, and other KPI’s, process these, and input them into our data collection systems
- Manage team performance and compliance to procedures, carrying out performance discussions and disciplinary meetings as required
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety guidelines
- Manage workforce planning process for growers team, taking daily work variation, holidays and absences into account and sourcing temporary labor as required to cover any issues through established agency contacts.
- Work closely with the warehouse coordinator to ensure that all shipments leave on time in full to our customers
- Lead a world class production team ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste
- As volumes scale, participate in the hiring process for production workers and create a positive spirit amongst the team, ensuring strong performance and efficient time management.
- The Production Supervisor will act as H&S Representative by detecting/identifying safety & health hazards and planning/organizing smart solutions, following standards, regulations, or codes that apply to mitigate/control or eliminate such hazards
- 5+ years of management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Meet/exceed Food Safety & Product Quality Metrics and requirements
- Physical ability for repetitive pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, heavy lifting, and standing
- Meet/exceed Staff Performance requirements
- Meet/exceed Safety Scorecard targets
- Proven track record in line commissioning.
- Post-secondary education in Operations Management or related field. (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Ability to work as a team with all functional areas to support a common goal.
- Regularly share information and work closely with various Leaders and functional areas including; Health and Safety, Quality and Food Safety, Plant Expert, Capacity Planner, Production Operations Manager, Human Resources, Maintenance, and Warehouse specialist to ensure their area is running effectively and efficiently.
- Flexibility to work a Sunday to Thursday or a Monday to Friday shift on a rotational basis.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated colleagues
- 20 days of vacation
Who we are
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.