Production Grower (Delta, BC)Delta | Food Safety and Hygiene
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Urban Farmer: Production Grower, Delta
As a Production Worker you are working in one of our Infarm Growing Centres, where we produce plants at scale using our vertical farming techniques. You ideally have some experience of working in an industrial manufacturing environment. You are well organized and reliable, able to understand and follow clear processes and instructions, and like being hands on with your day to day work.
- Harvest infarm plants from our Acre production farms, and use a range of manual and automated processes to package them ready for sale to our customers.
- Follow defined workflows and production schedules to ensure daily volume requirements are met to our high standards of quality.
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety guidelines
- Transplant seedlings, applying quality checks to make sure only the best get through,
- Be part of a world class production team ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste
- Flexibility to work Sunday to Thursday
- Valid working visa
- Working knowledge of English required, to a level where written procedures and instructions can be understood
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye for cleanliness and hygiene
- Confident and comfortable working alone as well as part of a team
- Experience working in a labour intensive industrial manufacturing role is an advantage
- Experience in the food manufacturing industry is a plus
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated colleagues
- 20 days of vacation
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
Who we are
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.