Part-Time Production WorkerDartmouth, NS | Food Safety and Hygiene
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Part Time Production Worker
As a Production Worker, you will work to monitor plant health in our production farms from seedling to harvest along with packaging/preparation for the end consumer. Moreover, having high attention to detail and being well organized are among your strongest skills. You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Harvest, plant, and package Infarm plants while ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste
- Protect the health of our plants by applying basic plant protection measures and keeping the farms squeaky-clean
- Report on harvest records and plant issues using our internal Infarm app
- Perform basic maintenance of farms when needed
- Follow detailed workflows and schedules
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
- Experience working in a production environment ideally in the food production or related industry
- Flexibility to work either of the two shifts: Fri, Sun, Mon and Tues 7:30am-3:00pm OR Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sun 7:30am-3:00pm
- Strong attention to detail and cleanliness to meet food safety standards
- Comfortable working in a repetitive in nature environment following SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Fresh herbs to take home
Who we are
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.