Nursery GrowerBedford | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Nursery Grower – Bedford
As a Nursery Grower you are working in our Infarm Growing Centre in Bedford, where we produce plants at scale using our vertical farming techniques. You ideally have some experience of working in an industrial manufacturing environment. You are well organised and reliable, able to understand and follow clear processes and instructions, and like being hands-on with your day to day work.
- Run our automated seeding line which is the first stage in producing our plants
- Follow defined workflows and production schedules to ensure daily volume requirements are met to our high standards of quality
- Control all tasks related to our nursery process, following set procedures to control conditions related to specific varieties through germination and early growth phases
- Supervise and monitor the nursery chambers, escalating any issues to the lead grower and maintenance team
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety guidelines
- Be part of a world class production team ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste.
- Valid working visa
- Working knowledge and ability to communicate effectively in English required
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye for cleanliness and hygiene
- Confident and comfortable working alone as well as part of a team
- Prior experience working with plants or in the horticultural sector is an advantage
- Experience in the food manufacturing industry is a plus.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 28 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- 24/7 Professional Counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Subsidised meal vouchers, snacks & drinks
- Corporate pension scheme, health insurance and life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme.
Who we are
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.