Merchandiser Part-time (Hamilton, Canada)Hamilton | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Urban Farmer: Merchandiser (Part-time)
As an Infarm Merchandiser you understand the importance of timely delivery of goods and presentation of our in-store merchandise to ensure a fantastic customer experience. You will be cross trained both as a Field Grower and a Merchandiser. Represent Infarm and our mission to store employees and customers. Being task oriented and well organized to complete tasks at the highest degree are among your strongest skills. If you are looking to get your foot in the door to understand Agri-Tech and be a part of a sustainably driven company. this role is for you.
- Follow the daily delivery schedule and report feedback about health of farms, supplies, and presentation
- Drive a company vehicle between our Infarm warehouse location and Infarm client locations to deliver supplies and end products
- Maintain the presentation of our products at our point of sale display ensuring that shelves are clean and fully stocked with the freshest merchandise available
- Regularly clean Infarm point-of-sale boxes at in-store locations
- Apply sanitation treatments to the farms in the stores on a regular basis
- Pick up inventory between warehouse and in-store locations, which includes loading and unloading infarm vehicle
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation guidelines
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- One to two years in a retail or customer service environment providing exceptional customer experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent attention to detail, precision and caring for cleanliness
- Proven time management, organizational skills and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism with a passion for plant growth, sustainability and nutrition
- Flexibility with work hours and to adapt to the needs of the business including the willingness to work on weekends
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Experience working in a retail environment or in customer service is an asset
- Proof of insurance on your own vehicle.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada.
- Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company using a company car and/or your personal vehicle when scheduled
- Must be able to work either Monday and Thursday OR Tuesday and Friday; 15-20 hours/ week
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.