Market TraderBorough Market, London | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Infarm is preparing to launch its first food stall in Borough Market in London. We are looking for an easy going and enthusiastic Infarmer to operate the first Infarm food stall.
This is a great opportunity to interact directly with customers – giving advice and encouraging people to buy, as well as serving and taking payments. We will be trading with card only. The role will put you in the frontline as an Infarm Brand Ambassador, sharing Infarm’s vision and values and getting customer feedback.
This role requires availability during the weekend and involves the commitment 2 times a week for about 12 hours:
Wed, 8.30am – 6pm, opening hours 10am – 5pm
Sat, 7am – 6pm, opening hours 8am – 5pm
Who you are:
- You are easy going and have perfect interpersonal and communication skills – you will need to talk and interact with the general public and end-customer
- Ideally, you have experience in a customer facing role
- You are able to communicate our method of cultivation and know first-hand the offered products (onboarding will be given)
- You are fluent in English
- You are responsible, proactive and independent when it comes to managing your tasks.
- Collection of material and product, take down and set-up of the market stall, with the courier
- Manage the Infarm stall kit, reporting any damaged material and ensuring it’s stored safely at the end of each trading day in the designated area
- Be the first point of contact for the food market team, during trading hours
- Comply to food market trading standards
- Be the connection between the food market team and the F&B, Marketing and Operations teams
- Communicate and share Infarm’s vision and values to the end-customer
- Ensure that the food stall is always clean and well set-up
- Ensure that the plants and products are well displayed and in perfect condition
- Be responsible for the trading of plants and products during the market hours, including operating the card reader and receipt process.
- Perfect communication skills in English
- Available to work during times stated.
Who we are:
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.