Maintenance Technician, Hamilton ONHamilton | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Maintenance Technician, Hamilton
As a Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for the maintenance of Infarm’s newest farming systems at our plant hub and act as a general “handyman” for hub-related technical problems on our farms or automated process machinery as well as our facility. You’ll follow clearly defined processes and quality standards to ensure smooth operations and that hardware and software is working correctly. Furthermore, you will supervise the chemicals and fertilizer supply for operations.
As we are introducing new farming systems and technology to our new Infarm Growing Centers, we are on the look out for a Maintenance Technician who is energized by challenges and has practical maintenance experience preferably within a hydroponic, agricultural or food manufacturing context.
- Perform planned preventive maintenance, on all production operations systems and subsystems including cleaning of all equipment on a regular basis
- Perform corrective maintenance, guaranteeing technical functionality and solve any technical problems that may arise from different machinery and hub systems associated with mechanical & electrical equipment
- Perform upgrades/retrofits on all production operations systems and subsystems
- Monitor the dashboards and alerting system of the indoor farms and help identify, report on and solve basic software issues
- Liaise with machinery suppliers as required to rectify more serious issues and to arrange for planned maintenance and servicing. Act as the contact person for the supplier’s maintenance teams
- Ensure that all maintenance work done by Infarmers or external contractors is registered and properly documented
- Coordinate facility maintenance in and around the hubs as needs arise
- Maintain the supportive systems in the facility, such as washing machines, packing machines, seeding machines etc
- Plan, supervise and execute fertigation for the hydroponic system; mix fertilizers & pH regulators as needed to supply for the Hub’s plant production
- Assist and complete farm installations and activation according to defined procedures and quality standards
- Be part of on-call duty rotation to ensure 24/7 support of Infarm operations
- Provide departmental training and mentoring as needed to new Maintenance Technicians
- An experienced Maintenance Technician can act as Health & Safety Representative.
- Proven mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial environment, preferably within a hydroponic, agricultural or food manufacturing context (2-5 years)
- Ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical blueprints, schematic drawings and service manuals
- Flexible with a proactive attitude and hands-on approach
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail along with a good eye caring for cleanliness around our farms
- Both confident and comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Able to identify and troubleshoot technical issues in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to travel for work for training purposes or to support other teams on occasion
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home.
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.