Logistics ManagerTokyo | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
As Logistics Manager You will be responsible for managing the warehouse inside out: from optimal layout and optimization, performing initial order management for the newly setup hub, receiving incoming deliveries, stocking them as needed and preparing and executing the shipment of goods to our customers, while ensuring Infarm quality standards.
Who You Are:
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Manage warehouse layout and optimization
- Consolidate the hub’s demand and be the Point of Contact for our HQ order management team
- Maintain minimum stock levels as per specifications and re-order material as needed
- Data entry and material movement recording in inventory management system
- Receive goods into the warehouse
- Picking and packing goods; kitting activity
- Stock-out of goods
- Scheduling of trucks/vans with the transporter as per the network route
- Support the planning and execution for the last mile deliveries to customers
- Maintain the warehouse area, ensuring it is always clean and organized
- Follow safety guidelines
- Perform local goods sourcing activities of critical items
- 3-5 years of experience in logistics/supply chain
- Experience in warehouse management
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems, inventory management, inbound and outbound
- Logistics experience, such as shipping coordination and order management
- Good knowledge of excel (google sheets)
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Experience in sourcing activities and supplier management is a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented and trustworthy
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work under stress
- Forklift license is a plus
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be part of a well funded, fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems to feed the cities of the future
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.