Health & Safety SpecialistBaltimore, Maryland | Food Safety and Hygiene
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Health & Safety Specialist
Infarm is expanding our Central Operations team in the United States and needs a Health & Safety Specialist to help establish our new site in Baltimore, Maryland.
In this role, you will be in charge of curating new policies, programs and procedures for our new location as well as manage three others across North America. This role will need a motivated self starter, with big ideas and able to travel regularly across our various locations.
- Roll out company health and safety (H&S) risk assessments and procedures across our North American operations, implementing self-assessment exercises and audits.
- Create and support an environment that embraces Health & Safety values and drives performance across NA sites, providing clear and open communication to all on this topic.
- Own performance of the Safety pillar of the ‘Infarm growing system’ manufacturing framework for NA and it’s associated accident rate KPI – with a zero accident target. Manage trend analysis and develop plans to improve performance.
- Collaborate with central ops and our academy team in the creation of NA specific training materials, and support in the delivery of training to educate and inform our local operational teams.
- Provide leadership and direction on H&S related activities for a network of city based site safety representatives.
- Be the source of knowledge on safety related regulatory requirements for the US and Canada, ensuring our procedures achieve compliance with these and beyond.
- Collaborate with expansion teams to ensure all site construction activities are carried out in compliance with Infarm company standards, with any internal and external risk assessments completed on schedule.
- 50% travel required within North America.
- 2 – 4 years experience working in the field of Health & Safety within a business environment, food manufacturing experience would be an advantage.
- A current certification in Health & Safety practices from a nationally accredited body.
- A degree or higher education qualification involving occupational safety would be an advantage.
- Full understanding of industry safety legislation and demonstrable knowledge of applying this to a working environment.
- An ability to create accountability, work cross functionally and to lead by example.
- Experience of working across multiple sites would be a strong advantage.
- Strong decision making, risk management and influencing skills.
- Advanced Excel and presentation skills.
- Practical experience in safety audits and experience with safety management systems are a plus
- Knowledge of occupational safety and environmental standards an advantage i.e. OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001, ISO 14001
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally including driving a car
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 19 days of accrued paid time off annually plus an extra day off on your birthday plus holidays
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
Who we are
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.