Field Grower & Maintenance Specialist (m/f/d)Stuttgart | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Field Grower & Maintenance Specialist, Stuttgart
Our hybrid position combines the duties of a Field Grower and a Maintenance Specialist.
As a Field Grower you are working either in one of our Plant Hubs or Points of Sale (supermarkets, restaurants). You have an innate passion for plants and top-quality food and are an ambassador for Infarm and our mission. Moreover, having high attention to detail and being well organised are among your strongest skills.
As a Maintenance Specialist you are responsible for the maintenance and care of our farms, according to defined processes and quality standards, at our local customers. As part of our mobile team you work closely with our Infarm gardeners and clients and should be available for weekend on-call duties.
The position requires a person with a technical background and practical experience. Due to the technical design of our systems you will solve technical problems related to pipes, pumps, valves, radiators, irrigation systems, LED lamp units and fans. Some of the tasks involve chemical handling.
- Harvest, plant and package Infarm plants while ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste
- Protect the health of our plants by applying basic plant protection measures and keeping the farms squeaky-clean
- Report on harvest records and plant issues using our internal Infarm app
- Perform basic maintenance of farms when needed
- Follow workflow and schedule
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
- Interact with customers, providing top-notch customer service
- Report on customer feedback and compensation needs according to Infarm guidelines
- Ensure daily invoicing of Infarm customers
- Maintain current marketing materials on farms in customer locations
- Experience as a craftsman and strong technical background
- Fluent in German, English is an advantage
- Driving license class B
- Valid work permit for the German job market
- Both confident and comfortable working alone as well as part of a team
- Detailed approach, strong problem solving and multitasking capabilities
- Stress resistance and self-propulsion
- Trustworthiness and professionalism towards customers
- A passion for plants, sustainability or nutrition
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye and caring for cleanliness
What we offer
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
Who we are
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.