Electrician – Prototype LabBerlin | Hardware
Scroll to view the full job specification below
Electrician – Prototype Lab
The Hardware Prototyping Lab designs, builds and installs prototypes for our farming systems. It supports the various development teams in the R&D department, like the light, water, climate, and crop science teams. The prototypes range from simple mechanical structures to complex automated electromechanical and hydraulic systems.
As a Electrician based in Berlin Spandau full time, you will be responsible for Prototyping, Design, Repair, installation and maintenance of electrotechnical power and control systems.
- Design, build and install electrical prototypes for validation and testing of farming systems and components.
- Translate general requirements into technical designs that can be easily prototyped.
- Integrate sensors and actuators for data collection during testing and test their integration into the IoT platform
- Work with external suppliers for parts that cannot be made inhouse
- Suggest simplifications and optimizations to prototypes for easier manufacturing, improved reliability and better test results.
- Take full ownership of planning, execution and documentation of your projects
- Power systems, Low voltage (systems up to 1000v) AC/DC
- Extra low and separated low voltage control circuits
- Analog and digital sensors
- Logic controllers
- Understanding of electronics
- Familiarity Data communication and networking
- Motors (AC/DC , single 3 phase, servo etc..) control circuits and VFD drives specifying sizing and parameterising
- AC power transformers
- Fluid valve actuators and control circuit theory
- 5+ years experience with electrical protection and cable sizing for protection against overload,fire and electric shock etc..
- Fault finding down to component level
- Electrical theory
- Practical tool skills, how to make off various cable types, build control panels, use power tools etc.
- Organizational skills for mid-size prototyping projects
- Working knowledge of electrical regulations not only for buildings wiring but for machine controls
- Strong Electrical drawing reading and writing skills (being able to spot faults with not yet built systems)
- Understanding of measurement devices and general familiarity with instrumentation (which instrumentation to use not only when and where to use different devices but speccing devices for new experiments along with experience in using them in the field)
- Good mechanical fitting skills
- Firm grasp of AC and DC theory, circuit design and component specifications.
- Time served apprenticeship
- Fully qualified electrician
- PAT testing
- Test and inspecting
Nice to haves:
- PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
What we offer:
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.