Certified Electrician (m/w/d)Copenhagen | Production / Operations
Scroll to view the full job specification below
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE STARTS IN JULY/ AUGUST 2022**
As a Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for the maintenance of Infarm’s newest farming systems at our plant hub and act as a general “handyman” for hub-related technical problems on our farms or automated process machinery. You’ll follow clearly defined processes and quality standards to ensure smooth operations and that hardware and software is working correctly. Furthermore, you will supervise the chemicals and fertilizer supply for operations.
As we are introducing new farming systems and technology to our new Infarm Growing Centers, we are on the outlook for a Maintenance Technician who is energised by challenges and has practical maintenance experience preferably within a hydroponic, agricultural or food manufacturing context.
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You want to part of a world class production team ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste
- Perform planned preventive maintenance, on all production operations systems and subsystems including cleaning of all equipment on a regular basis
- Perform corrective maintenance, guaranteeing technical functionality and solve any technical problems that may arise from different machinery and hub systems associated with mechanical & electrical equipment
- Provide electrical expertise and evaluate the effectiveness of systems in order to ensure the safe, efficient and reliable operation within Infarm facilities and Field Operations
- Ensure that any major electric work perform by the team or contractors is performed accordingly with local regulations and codes required
- Perform mechanical, electrical service ranging from basic to advanced repairs and upgrades/retrofits on all production and field operation equipment as needed. Install electrical components inside Infarm’s farming system, such as sensors, controllers, LEDs and pumps
- Monitor dashboards, alerting system and help identify, report on and solve basic software issues
- Liaise with machinery suppliers as required, to rectify more serious issues and to arrange for planned maintenance and servicing. Act as the contact person for the supplier’s maintenance teams
- Coordinate facility maintenance and electric work in and around the hubs as needs arise
- Ensure that all maintenance work done by Infarmers or external contractors is registered and properly documented
- Use our online reporting systems to log your work
- Maintain the supportive systems in the facility, such washing machines, packing machines, seeding machines etc
- Plan, supervise and execute fertigation for the hydroponic system. Mixing fertilizers & pH regulators as needed to supply for the Hub’s plant production
- Ensure your safety and the safety of others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
- Service the farms at our customer locations as needed
- Be part of on-call duty rotation to ensure 24/7 support of Infarm operations
- Provide departmental training and mentoring as needed to new Maintenance Technicians. Assist/advise or oversee electrical works at others facilities within the region in case it is required
- Test new farming system and subsystem while it is handed over from the installation team or an external supplier, to ensure the full completion of the equipment commissioning
- An experienced Maintenance Technician can act as H&S Representative
- Certified Electrician (Certification level as required per local/region regulations of this trade)
- Proven maintenance experience in an industrial environment, preferably within a hydroponic, agricultural or food manufacturing context (2-5 years)
- Expert in different voltage systems, such as 400V/230V AC and 160V and 24V DC
- Able to identify and troubleshoot technical issues in a clear and concise manner
- Read and understand mechanical/electrical blueprints, schematic drawings and service manuals
- Flexible with a proactive attitude and hands-on approach
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail along with a good eye caring for cleanliness around our farms
- Both confident and comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Organizational and planning abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel occasionally for work for training purposes or to support other teams
- Fluency in English and Danish
Special Things We Would Like to See
- Interest in hydroponics systems and software
- Facility management experience is a plus
- Forklift license is a plus
- Experience in working at heights is a plus
- Mechanical, electrical or plumbing certification, training records and/or references
What we offer
- Save Up: Pension scheme according to the provisions of the collective agreement
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Enjoy your meal: Co-contribution meal vouchers, snacks & drinks
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Travel to Work: Subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Meet your colleagues: Join our various employee resource groups about D&I, sports, or virtual social activities
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.